** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
February 3, 2015White Knoll HS student wins Archery in the Schools t-shirt design contest
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources proudly announces that Alex Richardson, a senior at White Knoll High School in Lexington, is the grand prize winner for the Archery in the Schools program t-shirt design. Alex's winning design will serve as the official state shirt for the 2015 State Tournament. He will be awarded a Chromebook during the State Tournament on March 26.
Runner up is Callen Pusateri, a 9th grader at Upstate Homeschool Co-op Hurricanes. His design will be the 2016 State Tournament t-shirt. He will be awarded a $100 gift card at the State Tournament in March.
Archery in the Schools is a physical education curriculum designed to teach International-style archery in 4th-12th grades. Students shoot at bullseye targets placed before an arrow resistant net in their gymnasium. The program also involves archery history, physical, emotional and safety strategies.
- White Knoll HS student wins Archery in the Schools t-shirt design contest
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets Feb. 6 in Columbia
- Help DNR preserve natural resources at tax time
- Handwritten turkey tags no longer available at local vendors
- Wildlife and Fisheries committee to meet Feb. 10 at Donnelley WMA
- Palachucola Shooting Range to conduct field day on Feb. 7
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- Rainfall relieves drought conditions statewide
- Boating infrastructure grant workshop March 31 in Charleston
- 27th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 5-6
- DNR now issuing 365 day licenses
- Visiting boaters to SC waters reminded of numerous pumpout stations along the coast
- 2015 South Carolina Wildlife-Hampton Wildlife Fund annual outdoor photo contest deadline approaching
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases