** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
June 22, 2015DNR offers July 16 York Co. youth shooting clinic
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Rocky Creek Sporting Clays is offering a great opportunity for aspiring young hunters of South Carolina to attend a Wing Shooting Clinic July 16 from 8:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. in York County.
Participants with wing shooting skill levels from beginner to advanced learn how to safely handle and shoot a shotgun. The clinic will introduce all the basic wing shooting skills needed for a successful bird hunt. Target presentations resemble actual field hunting situations. Youth in attendance will have the opportunity to clean, cook, and most importantly sample quail they have prepared. The local game warden will go over basic laws of bird hunting and safety while in the field. We will also have on hand some of the latest gear for bird hunting.
There is no charge for the clinic and lunch will be provided. DNR welcomes parents and guardians to stay while their students participate. To register for the clinic youth must be at least 10 years of age and complete a clinic application. If you would like more information or an application to attend, please contact Lt Kim Leverich at Leverichk@dnr.sc.gov or (843) 870-5574
- SC Drought Committee upgrades drought status for 28 counties
- DNR offers July 16 York Co. youth shooting clinic
- DNR courtesy boating inspections for July 4 holiday
- Volunteers needed to participate in the Summer Turkey Survey
- Biologists banding Whistling Ducks to determine range expansion, migration patterns
- DNR biologists document Golden Eagles at Marsh WMA in Marion County
- Jocassee Gorges field office dedicated in honor of 'living legend' biologist Sam Stokes Sr.
- Sunflowers decorate acres of Draper WMA in York Co.
- Haile Gold Mine land transfer to DNR creates Wateree River Heritage Preserve, addition to 40- Acre Rock
- Renew your state hunting and fishing license
- DNR offering virtual hands on boating safety classes in July
- DNR hosts series of youth fishing rodeos/family fishing clinics around the state
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases